In my part of the world, it's the day before the last day of the working week, and everyone is shattered and starting the wind down to Friday and the weekend (particularly after the stonking week that my colleagues and I have had...but that's another story). In most of the rest of the world, it's 'hump day': the week is seemingly still stretching far into the horizon and two days of rest seem like a long way off.
With this in mind, I thought I'd attempt to cheer up your Wednesday by offering you a selection of my very favourite 'dad jokes' (for which I've taken inspiration from my very own, very 'punny' father himself).
Dad, with my nephew Ollie, showing us all that age doesn't necessarily equate to maturity
Here we go...
1. Just ate a frozen apple. Hardcore.
2. "Dad, please can I have a packet of raisins?" "No raisin why not!"
(My dad loves a food pun so there are many variations on this theme. In fact, I'm pretty sure he spends all of his spare time thinking them up and then just waits until someone makes a comment appropriate enough for him to whip one of them out)
3. Have you heard about the corduroy pillow? It's making headlines
4. There were two beetles. The smaller one was the lesser of two weevils
(another one of my dad's favourites)
5. How does the man on the moon get his hair cut? Eclipse it!
And finally, this one is not my dad's, but I have a funny feeling that this dad would get on very well with my own:
Happy hump day!
Cheer us all up and add your favourite dad joke in a comment below!