1. This week I was excited by...
Tennis! The Qatar ExxonMobil Open returned to Doha on Monday as the season opener to the ATP tour. There have been a few upsets (namely the favourites, top-ranked Djokovic and third-ranked Nadal being knocked out of the competition a little earlier than expected), but this has now left the competition wide open for someone a little further down the rankings to take the cup. I've got tickets to watch the semis and the finals today and tomorrow, courtesy of my wonderful fiancé, so look out for lots of action shots in next week's post. Also, Rich has just informed me that David Beckham is there today, so let's see if I can manage to capture a few cheeky shots of Mr Goldenballs himself while I'm there!
2. This week I was reminded...
Just how committed and hard working my other half is, as he embarked on a gruelling few days of hard slog, producing the beIN Sports televised coverage of the tennis. It's a long old week for him, which involves sleeping an average of 4-5 hours each night so that he can be in the office early to prepare material, before being live on air all day from their little OB truck, then coming home and writing a running order for the next day, which goes on well into the night. Whenever he works for extended, intense periods like this, I am reminded of just how much having a bit of passion can influence your approach to things. I found a beautiful article this week on the importance of following your purpose and goals so that you can 'be on fire' every day (have a little read here for some great quotes and advice), and it resonated with me because every word reminded me of my man.
3. This week I appreciated...
- Being a part of the fun blogging Travel Link-Up for the second month running, and reading some really awe-inspiring travel wish lists for 2015. From staycations in the UK, to adventures across Russia, America and Europe, this inspirational group of travel and lifestyle bloggers have it covered. Read some of my favourite posts from this month here, here and here (and while you are there, take a look at my own list of wanderlust wishes).
Image courtesy of Big World Small Me
- Discovering a few new awesome blogs to add to my Bloglovin' follow list. This week, I've particularly enjoyed:
- A long Skype session with my dad's side of the family back home. We chatted about the Christmas hols, the new school term and preparations for my wedding. I have felt a little homesick this week after such a lovely week back in the UK, but these guys always manage to perk me up.
4. Quote of the week
Have any of you got any blog recommendations to add to my list above?